.

9.26.2010

Mission accomplished.

Yesterday I did my first sprint triathlon (not so much "sprint," but more-so shorter).  It consisted of a 1/4 mile swim, 11 mile bike ride, and then a 5K.  I knew that the swim part was the only part that I was fully confident in (and I took first in my age group on that leg!), and I basically survived the rest!  It was only open to women, so it was fun being able to cheer people on as they sprinted past me on the biking and running legs - you know, "keep it up!," "woot woot!," "I like your bright pink shorts!," and the like.  Sounds lame, but it was nice knowing that a 50 year old man wasn't on my tail the whole time (like the 5K I did about a month ago).  Since it was my first, I didn't set a goal time or place - no pressure - so I had a great time!  ;)

We stayed in for the most part this weekend, since it was the first weekend Andrew's been home long enough to enjoy the new apartment.  Right now we're finishing up a serious cleaning spree and trying to find places for all of Andrew's equipment, assorted office stock, reading material, and marketing papers.  At this point I'm wondering why Abaxis isn't offering to pay for part of our rent, since it's basically a warehouse around here.  The bronze Honda has officially been taken over by equipment, which means Abaxis has claimed about 70% of our living space.  I'm okay with it for now...I'm just waiting for the banner and neon sign to make it's appearance...

Last update: Pistol Whip and Grant (our fish) are still alive.  They can thank me later for turning on the air conditioning for them this weekend - it's been in the triple digits for a few days.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment